Baccarat is an interesting and entertaining table card game found in most online casinos. The gameplay is fast-paced and much simpler than most card games as there are only two options to bet on – the player or the banker. Today, we will share with you some effective tips and strategies that will help you win more bets in Baccarat. You can easily play the game at Royal Panda Casino.
A Brief Rundown of Baccarat Rules and Gameplay
Here’s how baccarat is played:
- A player and a banker are dealt with two cards each. Other players in the game bet on either the player or the banker to win.
- For the player or banker to win, the sum of their two cards must be as close to 9 without going over. If both cards add up to a value greater than nine, ten is deducted from it. So if you have a 7 and 8 making a total of 15, the final value of your hand will be 5.
- Ace has a value of 1, numbered cards have values equal to their number, and face cards have a value of 0.
At first, baccarat may seem very easy to play as all you have to do is bet on one out of two outcomes, like a coin toss. However, during the game, you may end up placing consecutive losing bets which is not a desirable outcome.
To prevent losing too much and up your chances of placing correct bets, we have compiled some effective and easy-to-follow strategies which you should apply on your next baccarat game at an online casino in India.
4 Strategies to Win More at Baccarat
Banker Bet Strategy
The probability of winning is always slightly higher for the banker, which is a little over 50%. So for every round, the banker is more likely to win, albeit by a small percentage. So the banker bet strategy simply involves betting on the banker for as long as the bet wins.
Once you bet on the banker and it loses, you can either choose to walk away with your winnings or continue playing further. If you choose the latter, then we recommend you to follow the next strategy.
Changing Bets after Two Consecutive Losses
Let’s say you bet on the banker, won three rounds, and then lost the fourth. After that, you can still afford to bet on the banker once again. If you lose a second time, that’s when you try switching to player bet. But if the banker wins again after just one loss, you can keep betting on the banker and then repeat this strategy if you take more than two consecutive losses.
This strategy can be used even if you choose to bet on players more often than bankers. Then you would simply keep betting on the player side for as long as it wins, and then switch to banker only if you take more than two losses on the player side.
Keeping your Sessions Short
One of the most important tips on baccarat is not how you play, but how long you play. With just two sides to bet on, you’ll most often experience a mix of wins and losses in baccarat. Although possible, it’s uncommon for players to have a long losing streak, especially if you follow the two strategies above. So if you have played for a few minutes and have won more money than you started with, it’s best to walk out without being greedy.
Using your Money Smartly
As a general rule of thumb, we advise you never to bet more than 50% of your total money. Your gut feeling or the desire to bag a huge win may entice you to bet a bigger amount. You shouldn’t give in to such feelings and always place bets that are either or equal to or less than 50% of your total money. By doing so, you’ll avoid taking huge losses in a short time.
These four strategies that we have mentioned are not standalone techniques but rather to be used together. Ideally, if you’re new or inexperienced at baccarat, the best way to approach the game as per our strategies would be:
- Start your first bet by betting on the banker.
- Place your second bet on the banker too whether the first bet wins or loses.
- From here onwards, you keep your bets on the banker as long as it doesn’t lose two back-to-back rounds. If that happens and you switch bets to the player, stay on that side as long as you don’t lose two consecutive bets again.
- After around 15 to 20 minutes of playing, find the best time to walk out of the game when you have won more than what you started playing with.
- Lastly, throughout the game, never bet more than half your total money on a single round.
We believe that you will end up with a much better result in your next baccarat game by following these useful strategies. You can try your luck at LeoVegas casino and take home the winning prize money.